Working closely with our Founders, you will help lead our Financial and Compliance functions. You'll also help us launch new investment products into the market and lead some of our interesting upcoming projects.
This is a role for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves and get hands-on. We're looking for someone who wants to grow into a leadership role and has a collaborative and consultative approach with a healthy dose of pragmatism. Most importantly, we won't throw you in the deep end; you'll be guided and mentored by the Founders and be supported by a Bookkeeper.
A more detailed look at some of the responsibilities of the role is below,
- Act as a responsible manager on our AFSL, which allows us to act as the responsible entity of our registered managed investment scheme
- Oversee adherence to the compliance plan, including monthly compliance reporting and preparation of board papers for quarterly meetings
- Act as a compliance officer as prescribed in the compliance plan and other policies such as complaints handling, AML/CTF and marketing
- Assist with the amendment and/or preparation of scheme documents, including updates to the product disclosure documents (PDSs)
- Complete all ongoing ASIC lodgements required throughout the year
- Oversee regular audits of the compliance plan, fund and responsible entity (financial)
- Oversee renewal of professional indemnity insurance
- Act as a day-to-day contact for investors, including supporting onboarding and answering queries (general advice)
- Lead ad hoc projects such as the introduction of a new investment product or the onboarding of a new investment manager and opening of a new fund
- Preparing financial projections and reports for all group activities
- Day-to-day financial activities of the business including BAS statements, GST, payroll, staff expenses, income tax returns
- Day-to-day financial activities of the managed investment scheme including reconciling the trust account, daily cash transfers, fund distributions and fund tax return
- Liquidity management for the loan book including ensuring there is adequate liquidity to meet fund redemptions, along with the ongoing sourcing of 3rd party funding for the loan book
- Maintain company register including all director resolutions, company documentation and ASIC lodgements
We know good finance professionals are also strong on legal documentation and compliance framework. Therefore, we are looking for a candidate who knows they are strong in some aspects of the role and is keen to embrace the opportunity to learn the others. However, as a must, we are looking for the below,
- Extensive financial services experience
- Direct managed investment scheme experience in any capacity
- Relevant professional qualification such as degree in economics / commerce / finance / accounting, CPA, CA, CFA
- RG146 (general advice, managed investment schemes) qualification
- Excellent written and spoken English
This is your chance to be part of a growing Fintech start-up backed by an ASX 100 company. We have a collaborative and supportive culture that promotes and embraces diversity, continuous learning and growth. Most importantly, we're here to do good, make a difference and a genuine impact on the communities we serve.